As the new year approaches, many of us are looking for ways to set new goals, make positive changes, and start fresh. One way to do this is by reading books that offer inspiration, guidance, and practical tips for creating a better life.
Books to help you set and achieve your goals
Here are 15 books that might help you start fresh in the new year, along with some key lessons you might take away from each book:
1. “The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck” by Mark Manson: This book encourages readers to focus on the things that truly matter to them and let go of the things that don’t.
Key lesson: Prioritize your values and don’t waste time or energy on things that don’t align with your priorities. Buy Book Now
2. “Atomic Habits” by James Clear: This book teaches readers how to build good habits and break bad ones, using small, incremental changes to create lasting transformation.
Key lesson: Small changes can have a big impact, and it’s important to focus on making progress, rather than perfection. Buy Book Now
3. “You Are a Badass” by Jen Sincero: This book helps readers identify and overcome the self-limiting beliefs that hold them back, and teaches them how to live a more confident and authentic life.
Key lesson: You are capable of much more than you realize, and it’s important to embrace your flaws and be true to yourself. Buy Book Now
4. “The Four Agreements” by Don Miguel Ruiz: This book teaches readers four simple but powerful agreements they can make with themselves to improve their lives and relationships.
Key lesson: Be impeccable with your word, don’t take things personally, don’t make assumptions, and always do your best. Buy Book Now
5. “The Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle: This book teaches readers how to live in the present moment, rather than getting caught up in the past or worrying about the future.
Key lesson: The present moment is the only thing that exists, and it’s important to let go of the past and focus on the present. Buy Book Now
6. “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen R. Covey: This classic book teaches readers how to be more effective in their personal and professional lives by adopting seven key habits.
Key lesson: Be proactive, begin with the end in mind, put first things first, think win-win, seek first to understand, then to be understood, synergize, and sharpen the saw. Buy Book Now
7. “The One Thing” by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan: This book teaches readers how to achieve more by focusing on the most important thing and eliminating distractions.
Key lesson: Identify your “one thing,” and then pursue it with focus and discipline. Buy Book Now
8. “The Miracle Morning” by Hal Elrod: This book teaches readers how to transform their mornings into a daily ritual of self-improvement, setting the stage for a more productive and fulfilling day.
Key lesson: Use the “Life S.A.V.E.R.S.” (Silence, Affirmations, Visualization, Exercise, Reading, Scribing) to create a powerful morning routine. Buy Book Now
9. “The Success Principles” by Jack Canfield: This book teaches readers how to achieve their goals and live a more fulfilling life by adopting 64 key principles of success.
Key lesson: Take action, think big, set goals, follow your passion, and be persistent. Buy Book Now
10. “The War of Art” by Steven Pressfield: This book helps readers overcome the “resistance” that holds them back and tap into their creative potential.
Key lesson: Recognize and overcome the various forms of resistance that hold you back, and embrace your role as a “professional” in your field. Buy Book Now
11. “The Five Love Languages” by Gary Chapman: This book teaches readers how to communicate love in a way that is meaningful to their partner, and helps couples understand each other’s needs and preferences.
Key lesson: There are five primary “love languages” (words of affirmation, acts of service, receiving gifts, quality time, and physical touch), and it’s important to understand and speak the love language of your partner. Buy Book Now
12. “The Four Winds” by Kristin Hannah: This book tells the story of a woman who leaves her life in New York City and moves to the Texas panhandle during the Great Depression, where she learns to survive and thrive in a harsh and unfamiliar environment.
Key lesson: the importance of resilience, adaptability, and determination in overcoming challenges and building a better life. Buy Book Now
13. “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho: This book tells the story of a young shepherd who sets out on a journey to find his “personal legend,” or the unique purpose that only he can fulfill.
Key lesson: Follow your dreams and listen to your heart, and you will find your way. Buy Book Now
14. “Daring Greatly” by Brené Brown: This book teaches readers how to be vulnerable, authentic, and brave, and how to build stronger relationships and live a more fulfilling life.
Key lesson: Embrace vulnerability and imperfection, and be willing to take risks and try new things.
15. “The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success” by Deepak Chopra: This is a book that teaches readers how to align with the natural laws of the universe in order to achieve success and fulfillment in their lives.
Key lesson: of the book is that by understanding and aligning with these natural laws, we can tap into a powerful source of abundance and create the life we want. Buy Book Now
Reading books can be a powerful way to gain new insights, learn new skills, and find inspiration for making positive changes in your life. Whether you’re looking to improve your habits, build your confidence, or create more meaningful relationships, there’s a book out there that can help. So, as the new year approaches, consider adding a few of these books to your reading list and starting the year off with a fresh perspective and renewed commitment to making the most of your life.
Looking to improve your life and reach your goals in 2021? These 30 self-help books offer practical advice and inspiration for personal growth in a variety of areas, including productivity, habits, relationships, mindset, and more. Whether you’re looking to build your confidence, overcome challenges, or find your purpose, these books have something for everyone looking to make positive changes and achieve success.